Sunday, January 16, 2011

Wavy crochet scarf

I made the Drop Stitch Scarf a few months back, and it was great! I was trying to figure out what my next design would be, and I saw the scarf I made! So, the wavy crochet scarf was born!
This scarf is worked horizontally and looks best when you change color every round.
 My scarf is still being made, the first two pattern rows are crocheted between the sts, the most recent row is crocheted in the first loop of the st.

MATERIALS:
Any light weight worsted yarn, and a size H hook. (You'll need about 150 - 200 yards of yarn)
(If you want to use bulky or heavy worsted yarn, use a size J hook)

 ABBREVIATIONS:
ch = chain
st(s) = stitch(es)
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet
tr = treble crochet

DIRECTIONS:
ch 23 hdc in 3rd ch from hook, and in all the rest of the ch sts
ROW 1: ch 1, *sc, hdc, dc, tr, tr, dc, hdc,* repeat *to* for the whole row.
ROW 2: ch 1, *tr, dc, hdc, sc, hdc,  dc, tr* repeat for whole row.


Repeat these two rows until scarf is long enough for your taste.

Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment